Denied not a suggestion

Status
Not open for user replies
Jan 7, 2020
Discord
QutieCord
I created an account here just to get my point through to the developers as I personally think this behaviour is unacceptable. I am a long time user of the bot and I hate watching it become a huge paywall and becoming a milking source for the developers to earn money from unaware individuals.

I will be referring to the developers by "You"

As I have previously mentioned, I am a long time user of this bot, however I am not anymore after all the things I have seen. This bot used to have features that the community uses often FOR FREE! Now features like the message counter/requirement, giveaway drops and upcoming features ARE FOR PURCHASE! You only leave the free community with a shit bot that does not have any good features and force them to spend money on a monthly subscription, laughing at the gullible people that fell for your money grab.

You even have the decency to adverise IN YOUR OWN USERS DMS when they win a giveaway/entry has been rejected AND of course a vote button so the community can vote for the bot when they most likely think they will get perks for doing so, and thus raising sales on premium and partnerships with servers, FURTHER MILKING THE BOT FOR MONEY!

My overall reason for writing and expressing my feelings towards this is the ads. I've been looking for a specific command on the page for my upcoming giveaway, however instead of receiving this, instead i've been BOMBARDED WITH 5 ADS IN A THREAD. You didn't even take your time to adjust the ad position properly, you just wanted that money, and QUICKLY from gullible people. Just look at this shit

Let me remind you, A FORUM AND PAGE FOR A BOT IS NOT A PLACE TO MILK MONEY. Most of these ads are scams, but you don't care because you just want that sweet revenue from people looking around your site for the appropiate things, but cannot find them, MOSTLY ON PURPOSE to gain as much MONEY AS POSSIBLE from every visit. Other, more professional bots put SAFE AND MANUALLY CHECKED ads onto their website and guess what, not 5, not 4, BUT 1 PER PAGE and it isn't EVEN INTRUSIVE and does not have ads that POPUP IN YOUR FACE EVERY FEW PAGES and covering the content.
I understand this behaviour for bots that make most of their well built features for free, BUT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY PULLING OVER $200 A MONTH AND GROWING FROM SALES!

That is all, if you think this was an attack, it was not. I want to shine the light on the PATHETIC METHODS YOU USE TO GAIN MONEY. I do understand, hosting is expensive, HOWEVER as I have found out, the hosting IS COMPLETELY FREE AS YOU ARE PARTNERED. This makes me even more sick to see.

This is not a threat, however if I do not see a change in the ways you use to GAIN MONEY AND SCAM KIDS I will be forced to make an announcement on my server, warning people against this bot and avoiding being pulled into a scam and fueling the developers money hungry FIXED MIND SETS.

You will delete this message, I know you will, you can't stand the true intentions of the bot being shown publicly. Just please stop with these money hungry methods, show some love to your community and not only showing love to servers that have paid money.

TRENT

Staff Member
Administrator
Jun 20, 2019
wumpus.club
Server
https://discord.gg/Wumpus
Discord
TRENT#0017
I am a long time user of the bot and I hate watching it become a huge paywall and becoming a milking source for the developers to earn money from unaware individuals.

As I have previously mentioned, I am a long time user of this bot, however I am not anymore after all the things I have seen. This bot used to have features that the community uses often FOR FREE! Now features like the message counter/requirement, giveaway drops and upcoming features ARE FOR PURCHASE! You only leave the free community with a shit bot that does not have any good features and force them to spend money on a monthly subscription, laughing at the gullible people that fell for your money grab.
You obviously don't know how business works so I will teach you; you start out offering things at a low cost (in this case, for free) while you grow, and slowly increase prices (in this case, restrict features to premium). And I would love to know how individuals are unaware - as you say - because everything is upfront and in clear English, so unless you are not capable of reading - which is not the case as you have proven to be capable by being able to use the bot - you are not unaware.

If the free users were left with a 'shit bot', I doubt the bot would be drastically growing at 100-200 servers per day, while premium is only growing at single digits per week. And no one is being forced to spend money on anything, they choose to subscribe because they need the features, no one forced them to do so. We don't laugh at anyone, because there are no gullible users to laugh at; however, I must admit that I find your message quite hilarious.

You even have the decency to adverise IN YOUR OWN USERS DMS when they win a giveaway/entry has been rejected AND of course a vote button so the community can vote for the bot when they most likely think they will get perks for doing so, and thus raising sales on premium and partnerships with servers, FURTHER MILKING THE BOT FOR MONEY!
The word "decency" makes no sense in the context in which you have used it, the word you are looking for is "audacity" .
a vote button so the community can vote for the bot when they most likely think they will get perks for doing so
That would be their own fault to assume so. In the same "ad" - as you say - also includes a link to the support server; users could join it and ask what would happen if they voted, before just voting with the assumption of being compensated for doing so.

My overall reason for writing and expressing my feelings towards this is the ads. I've been looking for a specific command on the page for my upcoming giveaway, however instead of receiving this, instead i've been BOMBARDED WITH 5 ADS IN A THREAD. You didn't even take your time to adjust the ad position properly, you just wanted that money, and QUICKLY from gullible people. Just look at this shit
You need to look up when to use the word "bombarded", and how to count - apparently - because one or two ads on a page is not "bombarding" nor is it 5. Regarding the position of the ad placement, it is in the most suitable least-intrusive position as possible; you clearly don't browse the internet often because if you did, you would see how ads are placed. Oh, and just for additional information, Google has something called "auto ads" and they choose where the ads should be placed, so you can tell the multi-billionaire company that their intelligence is not as good as yours - apparently.

Let me remind you, A FORUM AND PAGE FOR A BOT IS NOT A PLACE TO MILK MONEY. Most of these ads are scams, but you don't care because you just want that sweet revenue from people looking around your site for the appropiate things, but cannot find them, MOSTLY ON PURPOSE to gain as much MONEY AS POSSIBLE from every visit. Other, more professional bots put SAFE AND MANUALLY CHECKED ads onto their website and guess what, not 5, not 4, BUT 1 PER PAGE and it isn't EVEN INTRUSIVE and does not have ads that POPUP IN YOUR FACE EVERY FEW PAGES and covering the content.
No need to remind us about your opinion which you have already constantly stated throughout your entire message.

The ads are scams? Alright, I will forward your complaint to Google - a multi billionaire company who, apparently, hosts scam ads.

Two ads - one in the header and one in the footer - on a page is not intrusive, please get informed on what "intrusive" means and also how to count properly because 5 is definitely not 2 and the ads definitely do not cover content.

That is all, if you think this was an attack, it was not. I want to shine the light on the PATHETIC METHODS YOU USE TO GAIN MONEY. I do understand, hosting is expensive, HOWEVER as I have found out, the hosting IS COMPLETELY FREE AS YOU ARE PARTNERED. This makes me even more sick to see.
The partnership we have does not concern you nor do you even know the details of it, so this is - yet another - allegation. Additionally, even if the hosting was free, developers need to be paid and marketing needs to be done; regardless of the expenses, this bot will make a profit eventually and that is our intention - that is the intention of any business and 99.99% of the best bots on Discord.

This is not a threat, however if I do not see a change in the ways you use to GAIN MONEY AND SCAM KIDS I will be forced to make an announcement on my server, warning people against this bot and avoiding being pulled into a scam and fueling the developers money hungry FIXED MIND SETS.
The allegations you have made here shows the lack of intelligence you have, especially claiming that Google is hosting scam ads - unless you also don't know the definition of "scam". Should you make that announcement, your server - as well as your account - will be terminated for defamation of character, which is illegal and therefore in violation of Discord's ToS.

You will delete this message, I know you will, you can't stand the true intentions of the bot being shown publicly. Just please stop with these money hungry methods, show some love to your community and not only showing love to servers that have paid money.
I must congratulate you for the skill you have of making allegations, the amount of allegations you have made within your message is significant.

If love was not shown to the community and only to the premium servers, the free features would be poorly designed and maintained. Additionally, we would not host giveaways for free premium membership access.

Status
Not open for user replies
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock